With two ride distance options on day one and a single return ride option on day two, we will cover a total of 330km over the weekend. Not only will we be riding through the direct path of drought stricken land we will be stopping in affected towns and farming communities suffering from the hardship of their current situation.
By employing the services of small businesses such as pubs, cafes and restaurants we will ensure that every cent raised through both partnerships, registrations and fundraising goes directly into these communities and provides some relief.
• Friday September 8 November – Arrive in Molong for a briefing followed by dinner and drinks. We encourage people to arrive before midday and head out to spend a little time (and money) visiting some local towns.
• Friday night - Stay overnight in Molong with welcoming dinner.
• Saturday 9 November – After a morning coffee we depart for a ride of approximately 195km with a shorter 145k option on offer. We stop in small communities along the way and employ local organisations and businesses to put on a morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. In addition to the money spent, we’ll make donations as we travel through these communities.
• Saturday night – Stay overnight in Grenfell. Main team dinner with representatives from a number of the small surrounding towns where we will present them with a funding cheque.
• Sunday 10 November – ride back to Molong via Gooloogong and Canowindra as well as a number of other small communties. Arrive back mid afternoon with plenty of time to head back to Sydney or stay over and make a four day weekend of the trip.
• Fast paced ride relative to overall distance
• Can stay with group over repeated climbing periods
• Experienced group rider over long distances at consistent pace
• Moderate to fast at times relative to overall distance
• Can stay with group, may be separated slightly over climbs but can recover with points of regroup and continue
• Experienced group rider over moderate to long distances
• Moderate paced ride relative to shorter route distance
• Can stay with group when guaranteed periods of regrouping
• Experienced group rider over short distances though comfortable with the idea of riding together over extended distance